Become A Member
You are invited join the membership of Global Vision Ministries. There are two ways to become a member of this ministry:
LOCAL CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
This type of membership is for those who reside in the State of Georgia, USA and those who reside in the neighboring states. Those who can come to fellowship weekly face-to-face in Morrow, Georgia.
GLOBAL CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
This type of membership is for every believer across the world that desires to be part of great things that God is doing in and through this ministry. For those who desire spiritual covering from Global Vision Ministries.
If you desire to join the membership of this ministry, download "Glovim Membership Packet", fill it completely and legibly, and mail it with recent passport photograph to:
GLOBAL VISION MINISTRIES, (Membership) 1078 CITIZENS PKWY, SUITE A. MORROW, GA 30260
Benefits of Church Membership
It commits you, the Christian. It’s good to commit yourself to love and serve others. You will grow as a Christian as you commit to encourage, build up, strengthen, serve, rebuke, and pray for other Christians.
Others are committed to you. Becoming a member of a church means joining with an entire group of Christians who have now covenanted to watch over you spiritually. As a member of Global Vision Ministries you have an entire church full of people who are publicly committed to loving you and serving you, praying for you and watching over you.
Spiritual Covering. As a member of Global Vision Ministries, apostle and pastors are committed to care for you, pray for you, and personally counsel and teach you. As a member of this church, we are accountable to God for how we lead you (Heb. 13:17).
Safety net. In his book Stop Dating the Church, Josh Harris points out that it’s comforting to know his church would kick him out rather than tolerate his unrepentant sin. Being a church member means that a whole church full of people are committed to helping you live a life that’s pleasing to God, even to the point of excluding you from the church if you stop repenting of sin. While this sounds harsh to some, to those of us who know the deceitfulness of sin, this is an immensely comforting and encouraging reality (Heb. 3:12).
Assurance. Membership is the church’s affirmation of the validity of someone’s profession of faith (Matt. 16:19, 18:18). The church looks at a person’s life, hears their explanation of the gospel and how they came to believe it, and says, “You look like a Christian to us. So join us. Watch over our lives and we’ll watch over yours.” So while membership in a church doesn’t guarantee that someone is a Christian, it should assure believers of the genuineness of their faith.
Requirements To Become A Member & Maintain Membership
Church Membership is a commitment. By choosing to become a member of Global Vision Ministries:
- You are committing to be a part of this local or global body of believers.
- You are committing yourself to the leadership of the pastor and to the vision of Global Vision Ministries.
- You are committing to build strong, Christ-centered relationships with other members of this ministry.
- This means that you are committing to walk in Christian love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit and refuse to give room to the evil forces of strife, division, backbiting, jealousy and competition.
- You are committing yourself to serve the church with the grace and gifts God has given to you.
- You are committing yourself to support the work and ministry of Global Vision Ministries with your tithes and offerings.
While the membership requirements at Global Vision Ministries are simple we suggest that you decide on your membership prayerfully. We recommend that you attend the Church services regularly locally or on the Prayerline.
Requirements for Becoming A Member of Global Vision Ministries
- Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior according to Romans 10:9-10.
- Must have attended Global Vision Ministries for a period of 3 months (locally or prayerline)..
- Must be baptized by immersion in water as an outward symbol of the inward transformation.
- Must have informed your former church about your decision to become a member of Global Vision Ministries.
- Must join Bible Study on Wednesdays.
- Commit to supporting Global Vision Ministries with your tithes and offerings.
- Complete, sign and submit the Membership Form.
- Married couples must fill and submit separate Membership Forms
- Forms need not be filled for children below 18 years of age if the parent(s) is/are members of Global Vision Ministries. In such cases, children are automatically considered as members of the church.
Maintaining Your Membership
- Once you become a member of Global Vision Ministries you will be given a Membership Certificate which must be renewed every 5 years. Renewal of memberships can be done by simply signing a simple form which states that you wish to continue as a member of Global Vision Ministries or by email request for renewal sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Vision Ministries will not consider un-renewed memberships as members.
- Continue active involvement in Bible Study.
- Walk in proper conduct as a believer.
- Respect spiritual authority set over you in the local church.